Hiking-2___Super_Portrait.jpg

Hiking

before settlement, prince edward island was 99% forested with pristine old growth forests and the other 1% making up sanddunes. Old growth forests in pei are now a rarity. Bens lake has one of the few remaining acadian old growth forests (an extention of the largest forest in the world, the boreal forest).

With 170 acres of trails running through this beautiful forest you’re sure to spark your imagination as you see some of the rarerest trees in pei including 400 year old Eastern hemlock. You may even spot some local wildlife including our resdident bald eagle, or Beavers.

Hint: Ask our staff members how to call in the elusive “Great Horned Owls” nesting on our property.